It is with some hesitation and uncertainty that the Board has voted to postpone the Walk scheduled for August. With only two weeks to go, we came up a few short on Pilgrim applications. More heavily weighted in the decision, we did not feel as though it would be safe enough for all to feel comfortable and ready to spend 72 hours in close quarters. We want to ensure that a Walk can happen with no restrictions and allow for our program to run the way it is intended to. We want the focus to be on building relationships and taking the journey together. Once the Board is able to lock in a future date, we will post here, on our website, and through the emailed newsletter once more and let you know when we will try again.
We have our Chrysalis Flight scheduled for November 10-13th. We will continue to monitor to ensure it will be safe to continue with the Flight as it gets closer.
Our future is uncertain and we need your help. Please pray for safety, guidance, Pilgrims, and Caterpillars. We can also use more Board members to help with the organization and communication in our Community. Please reach out if you are willing and able to help. We want our Community to grow and thrive through it all.
De Colores and Fly with Christ!
2022 Flight/Walk Update:
- Coed Walk POSTPONED for August 4-7
- Coed Flight date is set for November 10-13th Location TBD
Flight Co-Lay Directors are Alice and Wayde Hanson
More Exciting News!
In addition to this wonderful news, we have more! Since our last Walks and Flights, we have been in collaboration with a nearby board from The Grace Community. Some of you joined us for virtual Gatherings combining our communities. We have continued this inspiring relationship and we are opening our upcoming Walks and Flights to them. We are excited about this and anticipate with our combined efforts we will successfully hold the events.
Please consider how you can support these Walks and Flights!
- Sponsoring a Pilgrim (Walk) or Caterpillar (Flight)
Pilgrim Link: https://www.ncnec.org/applications/emmaus-application/
Caterpillar Link: https://www.ncnec.org/applications/chrysalis-application/
- Working a Walk or Flight
Emmaus Link: https://www.ncnec.org/applications/emmaus-application/
Chrysalis Link: https://www.ncnec.org/applications/chrysalis-application/
- Preparing Agape to be distributed during events. This is a great service idea for Reunion Groups and Gatherings!
- Pay your Annual Suggested Donation of $25.00 While we have not been actively holding our events, we are still responsible and paying for ongoing expenses such as insurance but this donation helps cover the costs of the events and offer scholarships to those who otherwise could not afford to attend a Walk or Flight.
If you prefer to mail a check, please make your check out to Emmaus, note ‘Contribution’ on the memo line, and mail it to the Community Treasurer, Rob Dunning, 715 New Valley Road, Colfax, CA 95713.
We look forward to serving with you once again.
De Colores and Fly with Christ!
Who We Are
- Emmaus/Chrysalis Vision Statement:
Fourth Day leaders embodying Christ.
- Emmaus: The Walk to Emmaus is a spiritual renewal program intended to strengthen the local church through the development of Christian disciples and leaders.
- Chrysalis: Chrysalis supports the Church’s efforts to guide the spiritual information of Christian young people through a course in the essentials of Christian faith and practice that is both educational and experiential.
Looking for Resources?
Emmaus literature resources are on upperroom.org. Click on Community, then Emmaus. Then click on Resources which will get you to the picture of a woman with the title Community Support Structure. If you look below that picture, you’ll see two links, one for “Emmaus-Chrysalis Public Use Products,” and right below it, one for “Products for Communities.”